2011/02/28

坎坷的最後一片 Difficult ending of the project

 Finally the first panel of "Wall of Tree" was re-woven. When I started to weave this piece, I knew the length of the rest of the warp was not so sure; but still wove it. It was very difficult to weave the final part. The short warp made the warp thread lifting very hard and had uneven tension. A new idea came to my mind. In stead of cutting the old warp before tying a new warp; do the tying first, then keep weaving the old warp to its very end. From the photo below you can find this situation. I don't recommend this way of weaving. Because I don't have time to re-do this piece again, therefore this is an alternative way. I did get the length I need.

終於重新織完第一片,過程有點坎坷。在織這片時已經知道所剩經線長度有點危險,還是織看看。果然到最後的30公分時,經線張力不均,實在很難織。突然想到改變以往的做法,先把所剩白經線和黑經線一支支先接好,然後繼續把白經線織到最後,才結束白經線的部份。剛接好線開始織的時候,經線張力亂七八糟,只好儘量調整。最後終於織出約300公分長的布塊。

After tying two sets of warp, the weaving kept going. 把新、舊經線接好後,繼續織。

The piece was finished. The black new warp was drawn through reed.
終於織完,新的經線拉過鋼筘,然後下機。

沒有留言:

張貼留言